What? Fulcrum Bow Technician School - Setup, Tuning & Maintenance
When? March 30-31st, Saturday 8 am - 6 pm, Sunday 8 am - 6 pm (Extra Time is Given If Needed).
Where? Broadhead Barn Archery, 6335 Lamar Rd, Reno, TX 75462
Our Spring Class Is Filling Up! Get the best rate by singing up early.
A two day seminar that teaches maintenance, tuning techniques, and complete bow setup. In this seminar, shooters first learn basic maintenance and tuning. During the second half, technicians will be assigned a bow in which you learn how to completely disassemble and reassemble it from start to finish. Technicians will then setup the bow from scratch demonstrating confidence and knowledge on all areas of equipment setup and maintenance. Finished bows will be judged and discussed with instructors. This seminar builds on topics and techniques taught throughout the day.
- Certificates of completion will be provided for those in attendance that have demonstrated superior knowledge on Bow Tuning & Setup.
- Seminars are NONREFUNDABLE as you are committing to a day/time and reserving one of the few seats available. In the event you cannot attend, we will do our best to accommodate you in a future session
Items Supplied: Bow Press, Serving Material, Dloop Material, Levels, Compound Bows, Handheld DW/HW Scale, Bow Mass Weight Scale, Sights, Arrows and Building Materials, Grain Scale, Various types of Fletching Jigs, Various Stabilizers
Example Topics Include:
- Understanding Compound Bow Parts
- Choosing the correct draw length
- Tying in a Peep
- Tying in a D-Loop
- Tiller Tuning
- Understanding Axle to Axle
- Understanding Brace Height
- Understanding Overall Mass Bow Weight
- How to Press a Bow
- Adjusting Draw Length
- Adjusting Draw Weight
- How Draw Weight and Holding Weight effect bow Stabilization
- Stabilizer Selection & Setup
- Understanding Holding Weight
- Installing a Rest (Understanding types, Pros/Cons)
- Understanding & Using Various Release Types
- Basic Arrow Selection (Spine / GPI)
- Arrow Selection (3D versus Indoor versus Field)
- Sighting In A Bow / Installing a Sight
- Adjusting Draw Length by Adjusting String Only
- Adjusting Draw Weight and Holding Weight by Adjusting Cables
- Advanced Arrow Building (Spine + FOC, Trajectory, Speed)
- Spine Indexing Arrows
- Arrow Clocking
- Breaking down the bow (Limb, Cable, String replacement)
- Complete Bow Setup & Tune from start to finish
- Paper Tuning
- Walk Back Tuning
- Modified French Tuning
- Yolk Tuning
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great course. Best money spent on archery in quite some time. Looking forward to a more advanced course.
I got a lot out of the class and enjoyed the class. I have 2 items that I thought might make it better. A little more hands on lab time and combining a couple of areas might help with that.
I would recommend this to course to anyone looking to get into bow repair.